Monday, March 7, 2011

TOTD - Isn't Technology Wonderful?!?

Today's tip is an easy one but it's one that I remembered the hard way this past weekend trying to help my son with a project he was working on himself.
This tip is especially relevant to students who need to work on thesis papers or longer essays as part of their course of study. I promise it is as close as I will ever get to a "Use one Q-Tip to clean both ears" kind of posting.
To save on paper and computer printer ink, only print out the final copy of any assignments you are working on in your computer. Make any edits before printing it out. I know it sounds pretty obvious but how many times have you printed out the same assignment two or three times after making only minor changes to the computerized version? I'm going to try and find the source but I think I remember reading somewhere that printer ink is one of the most expensive liquids we can buy by volume. Something like it would take thousands of dollars to fill your car's gas tank if you filled it with printer ink!! I'll find that story and post it here as soon as I can.
So it might seem obvious, but the savings will eventually add up if you only print out the copy you are going to hand in to your prof.
Straight and simple today - back to more thoughtful tips tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment