Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Obama versus Romney - The Not-So-Great Debate

Alright - I'm a Canadian - so why would I bother writing about the presidential debate tonight in the United States? The answer is that 90% of the readers of this website are from the U.S. President Obama and Mitt Romney will be debating domestic policy tonight - and I bet the subject of students comes up at least once or twice.
From what I can see from my vantage point just across the border - Barack Obama is the better choice when it comes to policies and ideas for helping students get through these days of skyrocketing tuition and skyrocketing student debt. Heck - Romney said a couple of weeks ago a good strategy for students to help pay for college was to go ask your parents for the money! Really!?
I may, or may not, watch the debate tonight. It will probably be the only one that touches on the subject of education. I can't wait to see what they each say and what students and parents think about what they said. Let the games begin! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment